ebay remove neg i left without telling or explaining
Jim E
2010-03-08 22:05:46 UTC
Bought 3 identical items on ebay for 8.99

Then discovered same seller selling same items at 1.18 on amazon.

Asked seller for explanation but they refused.

Left negative feedback saying seller selling items at 1.18 on amazon feel
ripped off.

Ebay removed the feedback and the rating and didnt tell me. There was no
option to email them so I had to phone them.

15mins on an 0845 number not sure what this cost me. Person couldnt explain
and suggested seller had appealed and feedback was removed. I told him that
once before I had mentioned a paypal claim in a neg and was told I couldnt
do that as against the rules. They put up a wording saying `comments
removed` but the rating still was left and I was able to reword myt comments
by using the follow up procedure.

Guy on phone said he would escalate it to find out why then I got this
reply.

Hello xxxxxxxxxxx

Good day!This is regarding of your call a while ago about the feedback
that you left for your seller and you cannot see it.as we forwarded this
issue to the relevant department and they have conclude that the
feedback was really have been removed and the rating was also been
removed.thank you and have a wonderfull day!

How totally unprofessional.

I have written to ask why.

Anyone here know of any rules I have broken and even if I did surely I am
entitled to be told that my feedback has been removed?
Jim E
sorry posted this twice!
mangi
2010-03-09 00:21:12 UTC
Post by Jim E
sorry posted this twice!
What's this ugly crosspost?
Same crossposts removed.
PeterD
2010-03-09 13:03:37 UTC
Post by Jim E
Bought 3 identical items on ebay for 8.99
That's fine.
Post by Jim E
Then discovered same seller selling same items at 1.18 on amazon.
So you didn't shop around? And that's the seller's problem or fault?
Post by Jim E
Asked seller for explanation but they refused.
Why should they explain why you didn't shop around, since they can't
read your mind.
Post by Jim E
Left negative feedback saying seller selling items at 1.18 on amazon feel
ripped off.
Which was inappropriate and not accurate. You felt ripped off because
you were lazy or incompentent and didn't search for the product very
well.
Post by Jim E
Ebay removed the feedback and the rating and didnt tell me. There was no
option to email them so I had to phone them.
No reason to tell you.
Post by Jim E
15mins on an 0845 number not sure what this cost me. Person couldnt explain
and suggested seller had appealed and feedback was removed. I told him that
once before I had mentioned a paypal claim in a neg and was told I couldnt
do that as against the rules.
So now you know why the neg was pulled: improper comments/extortion.
Post by Jim E
They put up a wording saying `comments
removed` but the rating still was left and I was able to reword myt comments
by using the follow up procedure.
That's too bad.
Post by Jim E
Guy on phone said he would escalate it to find out why then I got this
reply.
Hello xxxxxxxxxxx
Good day!This is regarding of your call a while ago about the feedback
that you left for your seller and you cannot see it.as we forwarded this
issue to the relevant department and they have conclude that the
feedback was really have been removed and the rating was also been
removed.thank you and have a wonderfull day!
How totally unprofessional.
I have written to ask why.
Anyone here know of any rules I have broken and even if I did surely I am
entitled to be told that my feedback has been removed?
Mentioning PayPal, extortion (implied), being a total asshole,
comments not revelant to the (imagined) complaint.
Rob Morley
2010-03-09 13:22:54 UTC
On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 08:03:37 -0500
Post by PeterD
So you didn't shop around? And that's the seller's problem or fault?
He is, however, shopping around now - note the half dozen or so
newsgroups to which he is cross-posting. I've no idea where you'll
read this so I've left them all in :-(
Don Lancaster
2010-03-09 23:52:56 UTC
Post by Jim E
Left negative feedback saying seller selling items at 1.18 on amazon feel
ripped off.
eBay pricing is situational.

Your response is clearly auction interference.

Also an actionable offense.

You should have been permanently banned from eBay.
--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: ***@tinaja.com

Don Lancaster
2010-03-09 17:15:44 UTC
Post by Jim E
[...]
Your posting to this newsgroup will shortly be removed.

Jim E
2010-03-10 17:29:45 UTC
Post by Don Lancaster
Post by Jim E
[...]
very very easy to see its all SELLERS that have responded to this thread

why shouldnt i warn other buyers they are being ripped off?

i thought ebay encouraged HONEST feedback?

yep you are all SELLERS no doubt at all.

lets see you remove this post then don, that`ll be real clever, and i dont
think you are very clever at all.

if i walk into a bar and ask for a beer and the barman says `that`ll be 3
pouinds` and the guy standing next to me says `that bar across the road is
selling beers for 1.50` you lot would pounce on him and totally denounce
him???

what a bunch of idiots!!!

if my `crime` was against ebay rules why didnt they tell me? i am sure you
all know that ebay will always tell its users when they are breaking rules
so why didnt they tell me either when i wrote or phoned?

nothing. no warning, no row, no suspension NOTHING

what they done was sneaky and underhand.
Kris Baker
2010-03-10 17:48:00 UTC
Post by Jim E
lets see you remove this post then don, that`ll be real clever, and i dont
think you are very clever at all.
Oh. My. God.

You ARE totally clueless, aren't you?
PeterD
2010-03-10 19:35:58 UTC
Post by Jim E
very very easy to see its all SELLERS that have responded to this thread
why shouldnt i warn other buyers they are being ripped off?
No one was ripped off. You simply made a bad decision in not fully
researching your buying options. No ones fault but yours.
Post by Jim E
i thought ebay encouraged HONEST feedback?
Since it was not honest, I don't see there is a problem there.
Post by Jim E
yep you are all SELLERS no doubt at all.
We are all eBay users, if that is what you are asking.
Post by Jim E
lets see you remove this post then don, that`ll be real clever, and i dont
think you are very clever at all.
For a guy who could not even do a simple search at Amazon, them's
quite some words!
Post by Jim E
if i walk into a bar and ask for a beer and the barman says `that`ll be 3
pouinds` and the guy standing next to me says `that bar across the road is
selling beers for 1.50` you lot would pounce on him and totally denounce
him???
No, we might go to the other bar. Of course maybe I might ask how much
that pint was first before buying, right?
Post by Jim E
what a bunch of idiots!!!
Singluar, just one. His name is Jim E.
Post by Jim E
if my `crime` was against ebay rules why didnt they tell me?
They did. You didn't post their message or we'd have pointed it out to
you.
Post by Jim E
i am sure you
all know that ebay will always tell its users when they are breaking rules
so why didnt they tell me either when i wrote or phoned?
What was their first message?
Post by Jim E
nothing. no warning, no row, no suspension NOTHING
So you got lucky, probably next time you won't be as lucky. Right?
Post by Jim E
what they done was sneaky and underhand.
Let's see, trying to hold a seller up for extortion is not sneaky?
Humm, odd set of values, bet you like Obama too...
Jeßus
2010-03-25 08:46:49 UTC
Post by Jim E
Post by Don Lancaster
Post by Jim E
[...]
You ain't going to get any help here Jim... all the regulars here are
bored shitless, and when someone like you comes along, well, they're
going to milk you for all you're worth :)